Knares Medical Practice
Knares Medical Practice is now booking coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination or manage your appointments. You should not find it harder to book 1st vaccination appointments in April. If you are eligible to use this service and cannot get an appointment, speak to the GP reception staff. You must be registered with a GP surgery in England and if you do not have one speak to the reception staff who will guide you to be registered.
XX Breaking News... Knares Surgery is now opened for MINOR SURGERY OPERATION .. we are now receiving referrals for implant & Coil procedures, joints injections, removal of cysts, moles , and skin lesions for diagnostic purposes. Ring pessary management, Zoladex implant, aspiration of joint, bursa and zadik operation for ingrown toe nail.
Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine
New guidance has been issued for the use of the Oxford AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine.
This follows further reviews by the independent regulator, the MHRA, and the Commission for Human Medicines, of a very small number of people in the UK who have developed a rare blood-clotting condition since having the Oxford AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine.
The MHRA and Joint Committee for Vaccinations and Immunisations have emphasised that the risk of this condition is extremely small and that the benefits of the vaccine outweigh the risks for the vast majority of people. They have recommended that:
• Everyone who has had the AstraZeneca vaccine should still have a second dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, irrespective of age, unless they have had a blood clot or have an existing risk of thrombosis (blood clotting)
• People aged 30 and over or who have a health condition that puts them at higher risk of severe Covid-19 disease should still be offered the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine. The benefits in protecting them against the serious consequences of COVID-19 outweigh any risk of this rare condition.
• People aged 18-29 who do not have a health condition that puts them at higher risk of severe Covid-19 disease will be offered an alternative Covid-19 vaccine where available. (This has been recommended as a precaution as people under 30 are at less risk from Covid-19 and not because they are considered to be at particular risk of developing the rare blood clot.)
• People under 30 can still choose to have the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine if this will mean they can be protected more quickly and they have been made aware of the guidance.
Please see the leaflet below that has been produced by Public Health England and the NHS to answer any questions you may have
• Leaflet on COVID-19 vaccination and blood clotting
This practice is involved in various research and also we train students from London colleges and Universities. We are not a training practice.
The doctors and staff at The Knares Surgery in Basildon are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
The practice list is open to new patients, temporary residents and others who require our services. We are always registering NEW PATIENTS and you will be welcomed.
(Site updated 19/05/2022)